The Thomas Binoth Symposium
- Event time: 2:00pm until 8:30pm
- Event date: 12th March 2010
- Speaker: Tobias Kleinschmidt (IPPP, Durham University)
- Speaker: Professor Simone Marzani (University at Buffalo)
- Speaker: Thomas Reiter (Nikhef, Amsterdam)
- Speaker: Stefan Karg (RWTH, Aachen)
- Location: Lecture Theatre B, James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB) James Clerk Maxwell Building Peter Guthrie Tait Road Edinburgh EH9 3FD GB
To commemorate the life of Thomas Binoth the particle theory postgrads have organised an event on Friday the 12th of March. The event will comprise of several talks given by postdocs on the subject of particle physics phenomenology.
- 1400: Tobias Kleinschmidt (IPPP Durham) - The Golem95 Library
- 1500: Simone Marzani (Manchester) - Gaps between jets at the LHC
- 1550: Coffee Break
- 1610: Thomas Reiter (Nikhef, Amsterdam) - 6.1 Loop
- 1700: Stefan Karg (RWTH, Aachen) - Calculation of multi-particle processes at the one-loop level
- 1800: End of the talks
- 2030: Dinner
The dinner will be held at the Kismot Restaurant.
The Particle Physics Theory seminar is a weekly series of talks reflecting the diverse interests of the group. Topics include analytic and numerical calculations based on the Standard Model of elementary particle physics, theories exploring new physics, as well as more formal developments in gauge theories and gravity..