International endeavour to establish Laser-Based High Energy Physics and Applications
- Event time: Starts on 13th November 2012. Runs until 15th November 2012
- Event dates: 13th November 2012 to 15th November 2012
- Location: University of Strathclyde
This exciting conference will address key topics in laser-based fundamental physics and societal applications of high-power lasers, including:
- Exawatt-Zettawatt lasers
- Laser acceleration to TeV-PeV
- The Standard Model and Beyond
- Probing the quantum vacuum
- Nuclear physics
- Medical applications.
The first day will conclude with a keynote talk from Professor Peter Higgs.
Conference Chairs: Dino Jaroszynski, Gérard Mourou and Toshiki Tajima.
We hope you will be able to join us for this exciting exploration of a new paradigm of physics, and look forward to welcoming you in Glasgow.