This year's theme is "Optical Imaging of Cells: From Molecules to Organelles".
The programme will include talks and posters from life scientists who are revealing biological discoveries made with cutting-edge imaging techniques.
Some of the biophotonics technologies were developed in our universities in conjunction with imaging-technology companies.
This year's event is in partnership with SU2P, the Scotland-California Biophotonics co-operation organisation.
This is a great opportunity for scientists interested in high-quality cell/biological imaging to find out about the cutting-edge research and applications in this field.
An excellent line up of world-class speakers has been invited or selected.
Speakers this year include:
- Professor Eric Betzig - Howard Hughes Medical Institute - http://bit.ly/1pPfzUn
- Dr Ofer Yizhar - Weizmann Institute of Science - http://bit.ly/1tKvxXt
- Professor Kishan Dholakia - University of St Andrews - http://bit.ly/1ulu9JF
- Professor Rory Duncan - Heriot Watt University - http://bit.ly/WIRJ5I
- Professor Gail McConnell - University of Strathclyde - http://bit.ly/1AyDYUC
- Professor Laura Machesky - CR-UK Beatson Institute - http://bit.ly/WIRp6X
- Professor Jason Swedlow - University of Dundee - http://bit.ly/1p7c8bH
- Dr Tomas Cizmar - University of Dundee - http://bit.ly/1uTSNiN
- Dr Susan Chalmers - University of Strathclyde - http://bit.ly/XikoP6
For more information about the event, and to register, visit the SULSA event page: http://bit.ly/1mjsnFO