Current areas of activities include:
- Federated data stores
- WAN data access
- The optimisation ATLAS data formats (previously: AOD / D3PD, currently: xAOD)
- Data analysis using tools /formats from other "Big Data" communities
- Moving storage / data management away from SRM
- Testing the DPM storage solution for ATLAS use
- Enabling other community storage for ATLAS (specifically the RDF)
Dr Wahid Bhimji co-chaired the Worldwide LHC Computing (WLCG) Storage and Data Evolution Groups and currently chairs the WLCG Data Working Group.
Thes activities are led by Dr Wahid Bhimji, working with Tim Bristow.