In the Standard Model, kaons are extremely unlikely to decay through a flavour-changing neutral current. Therefore these channels are particularly interesting to search for new physics. Such decays are soon to be observed at the NA62 experiment at CERN and it is crucial to strengthen our theoretical prediction for these decay rates. I am interested in fully non-perturbative calculation of such decay rate using lattice simulations.
The project supervisors welcome informal enquiries about this project.
Find out more about this research area
The links below summarise our research in the area(s) relevant to this project:
- Find out more about Flavour Physics.
- Find out more about Lattice Gauge Theory.
- Find out more about Particle Physics Theory.
- Find out more about the Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics.
- Find out how to apply for our PhD degrees.
- Find out about fees and funding and studentship opportunities.
- View and complete the application form (on the main University website).
- Find out how to contact us for more information.