About Physics of Living Matter
We use experiments, computer simulations, and theoretical calculations to understand how physical laws affect living organisms.
Available PhD projects
A list of current PhD projects in Physics of Living Matter is shown below. Click on each project to find out more about the project, its supervisor(s) and its research area(s).
- Bacteria Motility in Complex Media
- Biophysics of micro-organisms near surfaces
- Communal Living for Bacteria
- Evolution of antibiotic resistance in bacterial colonies
- How antibiotics work
- Microswimmers in Complex Fluids
- Multiple stable states in ecosystem development?
- Simulating how antibiotics kill persistent infections
- The physics of killing bacteria
- The physics of predation
- The use of mass spectrometry to probe the metamorphic protein Lymphotactin
- Using microfluidics to create highly parallelized biological physics experiments
- Virus Self-assembly: Structure, Dynamics and Mechanical Properties
- Why and How Proteins Stick to Each Other