Nuclear Physics and R-process Nucleosynthesis
- Event time: 1:00pm until 5:00pm
- Event date: 15th May 2015
- Speaker: Norbert Christlieb (University of Heidelberg)
- Speaker: Giuseppe Lorusso (National Physical Laboratory)
- Speaker: Tomislav Marketin (University of Zagreb)
- Speaker: Nobuya Nishimura (Keele University)
- Location: Higgs Centre Seminar Room, James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB) James Clerk Maxwell Building Peter Guthrie Tait Road Edinburgh EH9 3FD GB
We are pleased to announce an IoP-sponsored half-day meeting on “Nuclear Physics and R-process Nucleosynthesis”.
This half-day meeting will bring together nuclear physicists, astronomers, and astrophysicists studying nucleosynthesis during rapid neutron-capture process. It will provide a venue to learn about exciting developments in the field, such as the observation of new elemental abundances in metal-poor stars, r-process models that include increasingly sophisticated treatment of the dynamical evolution of the astrophysical environment, and the opportunities for experiments with r-process isotopes with a new generation of radioactive ion beam laboratories and new equipment (eg the AIDA detector for beta-decays developed in the UK). The event will also be an opportunity to discuss future lines of research and ways to coordinate the efforts of our communities across disciplinary lines.