The School runs a number of regular seminar series and standalone events.
- A quick overview about each category of event or seminar can be found below.
- The Upcoming events page shows all forthcoming and current events on a single page.
- iCalendar feeds are available for each event or seminar category. You can subscribe to these to get seminar information automatically added to your calendar.
About General interest seminars
Our General Interest Seminars are an opportunity for distinguished speakers to present new research in physics and related areas. The material presented is suitable for undergraduate level upwards and all members of the School are welcome to attend. Find out more about General interest seminars.
Next General interest seminar
- Event time: 5:15pm
- Event date: 23rd March 2017
- Speaker: Marialuisa Aliotta (School of Physics & Astronomy)
- Location: Swann Lecture Theatre, Michael Swann Building
About Higgs Centre colloquia
The Higgs Centre Colloquia are a fortnightly series of talks aimed at a wide-range of topical Theoretical Physics issues. Find out more about Higgs Centre colloquia.
Next Higgs Centre colloquium
About Particle Physics Theory seminars
The Particle Physics Theory seminar is a weekly series of talks reflecting the diverse interests of the group. Topics include analytic and numerical calculations based on the Standard Model of elementary particle physics, theories exploring new physics, as well as more formal developments in gauge theories and gravity. Find out more about Particle Physics Theory seminars.
Next Particle Physics Theory seminar
About Experimental Particle Physics seminars
The experimental particle physics seminar series invites speakers from all over Europe to discuss the latest developments at the LHC, accelerator and non-accelerator based neutrino physics, hardware R&D and astroparticle physics. Find out more about Experimental Particle Physics seminars.
Next Experimental Particle Physics seminar
About UK Centre for Astrobiology seminars
The astrobiology seminar series is run by the UK Centre for Astrobiology based in the School of Physics & Astronomy. Astrobiology is a multi-disciplinary subject and the seminar series actively encourages attendance by undergraduates, postgraduates and academic staff from other departments. Find out more about UK Centre for Astrobiology seminars.
Next UK Centre for Astrobiology seminar
About Condensed Matter lunchtime seminars
This is a weekly series of informal talks given primarily by members of the soft condensed matter and statistical mechanics groups, but is also open to members of other groups and external visitors. The aim of the series is to promote discussion and learning of various topics at a level suitable to the broad background of the group. Everyone is welcome to attend. Find out more about Condensed Matter lunchtime seminars.
Next Condensed Matter lunchtime seminar
About Condensed Matter journal club
The journal club is intended to be a weekly natter about interesting recent research. Anyone and everyone is welcome. Find out more about Condensed Matter journal club.
Next Condensed Matter journal club
Coarse-Grained Simulations Of Bacterial Cell Wall Growth Reveal That Local Coordination Alone Can Be Sufficient To Maintain Rod Shape
- Event time: 11:30am until 12:30pm
- Event date: 24th March 2017
- Speaker: Rebecca Brouwers (School of Physics & Astronomy)
- Location: 2511
About Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
This is a roughly weekly series of didactical blackboard talks focussing on some theoretical aspect of Condensed Matter, Biological, and Statistical Physics. Find out more about Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings.
Next Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meeting
About General events
Our General events include one-off events and lectures that are hosted by, or are of relevance to, the School of Physics and Astronomy. Find out more about General events.
Next General event
- Event time: 10:00am until 12:15pm
- Event date: 13th April 2017
- Speaker: Tiziano Camporesi (CMS, CERN)
- Speaker: Monica D’Onofrio (ATLAS, CERN and Liverpool University)
- Speaker: Jon Butterworth (University College London)
- Speaker: Alan Barr ( ATLAS, CERN and the University of Oxford)
- Speaker: Michela Massimi (University of Edinburgh)
- Location: Royal Society of Edinburgh
Other School event series
The following event and seminar series are currently managed outside this website. Please follow the links below to find out more.