Information about regular seminars and discussions in the Institute for Condensed Matter and Complex Systems.
About Condensed Matter lunchtime seminars
This is a weekly series of informal talks given primarily by members of the soft condensed matter and statistical mechanics groups, but is also open to members of other groups and external visitors. The aim of the series is to promote discussion and learning of various topics at a level suitable to the broad background of the group. Everyone is welcome to attend. Find out more about Condensed Matter lunchtime seminars.
Next Condensed Matter lunchtime seminar
- Event time: 1:00pm until 2:00pm
- Event date: 27th March 2017
- Speaker: Carine Douarche (Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Université Paris Sud)
- Location: Room 2511, James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB) (James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB)) James Clerk Maxwell Building Peter Guthrie Tait Road Edinburgh EH9 3FD GB
About Condensed Matter journal club
The journal club is intended to be a weekly natter about interesting recent research. Anyone and everyone is welcome. Find out more about Condensed Matter journal club.
Next Condensed Matter journal club
Microstructural tunability of co-continuous bijel-derived electrodes to provide high energy and power densities
- Event time: 11:30am until 12:30pm
- Event date: 31st March 2017
- Speaker: David French (School of Physics & Astronomy)
- Location: 2511
About Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
This is a roughly weekly series of didactical blackboard talks focussing on some theoretical aspect of Condensed Matter, Biological, and Statistical Physics. Find out more about Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings.