Ionic Assemblies: Patterns and Symmetries
- Event time: 1:00pm
- Event date: 24th September 2007
- Speaker: Monica Olvera de La Cruz (Department of Materials Science Northwestern University)
- Location: Room 2511, James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB) James Clerk Maxwell Building Peter Guthrie Tait Road Edinburgh EH9 3FD GB
1. K.L. Kohlstedt, F. Solis, G. Vernizzi, and M. Olvera de la Cruz .Spontaneous Chirality via Long-Range Electrostatic Forces. Phys. Rev Lett. 99, 030602 (2007).
2. S. M. Loverde, F. J. Solis and M. Olvera de la Cruz .Charged Particles on Surfaces: Coexistence of Dilute Phases and Periodic Structures at Interfaces. Phys. Rev Lett. 98, 237802 (2007).
3. G. Vernizzi and M. Olvera de la Cruz .Faceting ionic shells into icosahedra via electrostatics. (submitted).
This is a weekly series of informal talks given primarily by members of the soft condensed matter and statistical mechanics groups, but is also open to members of other groups and external visitors. The aim of the series is to promote discussion and learning of various topics at a level suitable to the broad background of the group. Everyone is welcome to attend..