Dr M Martinez-Canales
Miguel is a member of the following School research institute and research areas:
My research has been centered around First-Principles calculations in Condensed Matter Physics. More concretely, the systems I've studied can mostly be classified as crystalline solids. In that still large area, my pubblications have dealt with the following topics:
- Electronic and structural properties of Group IV metallic Hydrides
- Structure prediction by means of random structure sampling.
- Prediction of stable and metastable stoichiometries of compounds and alloys.
- Materials science at pressures beyond 1 TPa.
Miguel has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Physical Review Letters, 111, 17
- Physical Review B: Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, 85, 21, p. 214114
- Erratum: Density functional theory study of phase IV of solid hydrogen [Phys. Rev. B 85, 214114 (2012)] DOI, Physical Review B: Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, 86, 05, p. 059902
- Physical Review Letters, 108, 04, p. 045503