Professor A Berera
My research areas are in Quantum Field Theory and Statistical Physics. My primary research interests are in early universe cosmology theory. I also have research interest in turbulence. My interests in cosmology have been focused on developing a more complete description of the early phases of the Big-Bang through my model called warm inflation, which I created in the mid-90s. My work in this direction involves particle physics and nonequilibrium quantum field theory.
In the past few years I have taught courses in Quantum and Statistical Physics and Quantum Field Theory.
Arjun has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics (JCAP)
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics
- Self-organization and transition to turbulence in isotropic fluid motion driven by negative damping at low wavenumbers DOI, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 48, 25
- Physical Review Letters, 114, 23
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology, 91, 8