We investigate life in extreme environments, how life adapts to single and multiple extremes, how life adapts to conditions in the planetary crust and we investigate the habitability of other planetary bodies. Our work involved field, laboratory and theoretical approaches.
Available PhD projects
A list of current PhD projects in Astrobiology is shown below. Click on each project to find out more about the project, its supervisor(s) and its research area(s).
- Advanced Sensor Technology for Astrobiology
- Life in Extreme Environments - the Biology and Physics of Life at the Limits
- Life in Extreme Environments - The Deep Subsurface
- Life in Extremes – Investigating the Emergence of Microbial Communities on Land
- The Habitability of Extraterrestrial Environments