How to apply
Online applications are open for entry in September 2021.
To apply for the MSc in Particle and Nuclear Physics, please complete an online application form.
The application form contains guidance on how to complete each section.
You do not need to complete the application in full; you can save a partially completed application. If you do this, an email will be sent to you that provides a link to allow you to return to the application to complete it.
Once you have submitted your completed application, you will be able to track its progress and accept or decline any offers you receive.
Your application will require supporting information, with translations where applicable, including:
- a transcript of your degree certificate, or an interim transcript if you are yet to graduate, which provides details of degree examinations passed and the marks and grades awarded
- two academic references - either you can provide us with the referees' email addresses and we will send a request by email, or referees can provide a reference on headed paper
- an English language certificate from within the last two years, if applicable
You will need to submit a personal statement which should include the following information:
- your motivation for undertaking this programme
- the skills and experience you have relevant to this programme
- how this programme will benefit your future career plans
When to apply
Applications are welcome at any time. However, you should submit your application as early as possible because most scholarships have application deadlines early in the year.
International students who require a UK student visa are encouraged to apply as early as possible to allow enough time for their visa application to be processed.
More advice on applying
Further information on applying, including advice on translations, references and other useful guidance can be found on the University’s Postgraduate Study - Applying page.
For information on what happens after applying, see After you apply.