Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
About Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
This is a weekly series of informal talks focussing on some theoretical aspect of Condensed Matter, Biological, and Statistical Physics.
The range of topics is sufficiently loosely defined that we are cool with anything relevant to the Statistical Physics and Complexity Group. Actually, the best way to find out what we talk about is to look at the list of seminar titles in the archive below.
Typical meetings can include
- Informal talk on current research interest.
- Pedagogical talk on something of interest to the group.
- Group meetings and "getting to know you" sessions when new people arrive.
- Short updates on a PhD projects ... a few slides followed by discussion.
- Discussion of interesting or topical paper.
- Standard "theory club" whiteboard talk.
- Dry run for conference.
- External speaker - visitor or specifically invited speaker.
- ... or whatever people find useful.
If you want to receive mailings about these talks, request a topic for discussion, or - even better - offer to lead the discussion yourself, please email or have a chat with Emil Mallmin or Peter Mottishaw.
Next Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meeting
Subsequent Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
- Event time: 11:30am until 12:30pm
- Event date: 13th November 2019
- Speaker: Viktor Skultety (School of Physics & Astronomy)
- Speaker: James Hitchen (School of Physics & Astronomy)
- Location: Room 2511, James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB) James Clerk Maxwell Building Peter Guthrie Tait Road Edinburgh EH9 3FD GB
Past Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
Details of previous Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings can be found in the following archive page: