Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
About Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
This is a weekly series of informal talks focussing on some theoretical aspect of Condensed Matter, Biological, and Statistical Physics.
This is a weekly series of informal talks on topics relevant in any way to the Statistical Physics and Complexity Group. We are currently running an online webinar series in lieu of physical meetings in Edinburgh due to the corona pandemic.
Online webinars (active)
This webinar series has been running since April 2020 - see the archive and list of future events for a view of the interesting speakers and topics in the series. The webinar is hosted over Zoom and runs for 60 min including questions.
Edinburgh Group meetings (on hold)
These group meetings typically take place in 2511, JCMB and can include:
- Informal talk on current research interest.
- Pedagogical talk on something of interest to the group.
- Group meetings and "getting to know you" sessions when new people arrive.
- Short updates on a PhD projects (e.g. a few slides followed by discussion).
- Discussion of interesting or topical paper.
- Standard "theory club" whiteboard talk.
- Dry run for conference.
- External speaker - visitor or specifically invited speaker.
- ... or whatever people find useful.
Next Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meeting
Subsequent Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
- Event time: 11:30am until 12:30pm
- Event date: 24th March 2021
- Speaker: Juan P. Garrahan (University of Nottingham )
- Location: Online - see email
Past Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings
Details of previous Statistical Physics and Complexity Group meetings can be found in the following archive page: