PhD projects in Physics of Living Matter
About Physics of Living Matter
We use experiments, computer simulations, and theoretical calculations to understand how physical laws affect living organisms.
Available PhD projects
A list of current PhD projects in Physics of Living Matter is shown below. Click on each project to find out more about the project, its supervisor(s) and its research area(s).
- Bacteria Motility in Complex Media
- Biophysics of micro-organisms near surfaces
- Communal Living for Bacteria
- Deciphering species coexistence using microbial microcosms
- How antibiotics kill persistent infections
- Microswimmers in Complex Fluids
- The physics of killing bacteria
- The use of mass spectrometry to probe the metamorphic protein Lymphotactin
- Using microfluidics to create highly parallelized biological physics experiments
- Virus Self-assembly: Structure, Dynamics and Mechanical Properties
- Why and How Proteins Stick to Each Other