PhD projects in Physics of Living Matter
About Physics of Living Matter
We use experiments, computer simulations, and theoretical calculations to understand how physical laws affect living organisms.
Available PhD projects
A list of current PhD projects in Physics of Living Matter is shown below. Click on each project to find out more about the project, its supervisor(s) and its research area(s).
- Bacteria Motility in Complex Media
- Communal Living for Bacteria
- Deciphering species coexistence using microbial microcosms
- How antibiotics kill persistent infections
- Microswimmers in Complex Fluids
- Statistical physics of dividing and differentiating stem cell populations
- The Physics of Genome Structure in Disease
- The physics of viruses
- Topologically Active Polymers (Experimental and/or Computational)
- Using microfluidics and machine learning to create highly parallelized biological physics experiments to investigate bacterial life and death
- Using Viruses to Kill Bacteria