Professor A Biller
- Academic staff
Royal Observatory, Edinburgh (ROE)
- Email: bb [at] roe.ac.uk
- Tel: +44 (0)131 668 8349
- Edinburgh Research Explorer profile
Beth is a member of the following School research institute:
I am a Chancellor's Fellow at the Institute for Astronomy, part of the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Edinburgh.
My research interests center around direct imaging detection and characterization of extrasolar planets and brown dwarfs. I am particularly interested in statistical analysis of large-scale planet surveys and developing techniques to monitor cloud patterns on brown dwarfs and exoplanets through photometric variability I am also active both in current observational efforts and development of future instruments, including the SPHERE planet-finder at the VLT, the Near-IR Coronagraphic Imager (NICI) at Gemini-South, and the LEECH survey using LMIRCam at the Large Binocular Telescope (LBT).
Beth has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- The JWST Early Release Science Program for Direct Observations of Exoplanetary Systems II: A 1 to 20 Micron Spectrum of the Planetary-Mass Companion VHS 1256-1257 b DOI, Astrophysical Journal Letters, 946, 1, p. 1-19
- Astronomy and Astrophysics, 658, p. 1-23
- Nature, 600, 7888, p. 231-234
- The SPHERE infrared survey for exoplanets (SHINE). III. The demographics of young giant exoplanets below 300 au with SPHERE DOI, Astronomy and Astrophysics, 651, p. 1-22
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 503, 1, p. 743-767