Professor D O'Connell
- Academic staff
James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB)
- Email: Donal.O'Connell [at] ed.ac.uk
- Edinburgh Research Explorer profile
Donal is a member of the following School research institute, research group and research areas:
I have broad interests, having worked on effective theories in lattice gauge theory, beyond the standard model phenomenology, and on more theoretical issues in particle physics. Currently, I am concentrating my work on the physics of baryogenesis, and on recent developments in the study of scattering amplitudes in quantum field theories.
I began my education in theoretical physics at Trinity College, Dublin before moving to Caltech for my PhD, where I worked with Mark Wise. My research continued at the IAS in Princeton, the NBI in Copenhagen and now here in Edinburgh.
- Classical electrodynamics: lecturer/course organiser
- Gauge theories in particle physics: lecturer
- Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 55, 44, p. 1-12
- The SAGEX Review on scattering amplitudes Chapter 14: Classical gravity from scattering amplitudes DOI, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 55, 44, p. 1-43
- Physical Review D, particles, fields, gravitation, and cosmology, 106, 5, p. 1-39
- Journal of High Energy Physics, 2022, 6, p. 1-51
- Journal of High Energy Physics, 2022, 5, p. 1-43