Professor A Berera
My research areas are in Quantum Field Theory and Statistical Physics. My primary research interests are in early universe cosmology theory. I also have research interest in turbulence. My interests in cosmology have been focused on developing a more complete description of the early phases of the Big-Bang through my model called warm inflation, which I created in the mid-90s. My work in this direction involves particle physics and nonequilibrium quantum field theory.
In the past few years I have taught courses in Quantum and Statistical Physics and Quantum Field Theory.
Arjun has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Quantum corrections to the primordial tensor spectrum: open EFTs & Markovian decoupling of UV modes DOI, Journal of High Energy Physics, 2022, 8, p. 1-33
- Physical Review D, particles, fields, gravitation, and cosmology, 105, 12, p. 1-18
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 930, p. 1-28
- Physical Review D, 104, 6, p. 1-11
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 912, p. 1-29