Professor A Berera
- Academic staff
James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB)
- Email: ab [at] ph.ed.ac.uk
- Tel: +44 (0)131 650 5246
- Edinburgh Research Explorer profile
Arjun is a member of the following School research institute, research group and research areas:
My research areas are in Quantum Field Theory and Statistical Physics. My primary research interests are in early universe cosmology theory. I also have research interest in turbulence. My interests in cosmology have been focused on developing a more complete description of the early phases of the Big-Bang through my model called warm inflation, which I created in the mid-90s. My work in this direction involves particle physics and nonequilibrium quantum field theory.
In the past few years I have taught courses in Quantum and Statistical Physics and Quantum Field Theory.
Arjun has featured in the following recent School news stories:
Early universe physicsIn this video Arjun describes his work towards developing a particle physics theory of the early Universe which explains its large scale features observed today as well explains the origin of the baryon asymmetry and the properties of the dark matter and dark energy believed to exist.
- Physical Review E, 107, 5, p. 1-17
- Astrobiology, 23, 4, p. 469-475
- Universe, 9, 4, p. 1-11
- Quantum corrections to the primordial tensor spectrum: open EFTs & Markovian decoupling of UV modes DOI, Journal of High Energy Physics, 2022, 8, p. 1-33
- Physical Review D, particles, fields, gravitation, and cosmology, 105, 12, p. 1-18