Dr J H J Thijssen, MInstP
Job is a member of the following School research institute and research area:
Dr. Thijssen is a postdoctoral research fellow developing soft materials, e.g. pastes and gels, for energy applications. He is an experimental physicist and materials scientist with a background in photonic colloidal crystals, colloids in external fields and (nano)particle-stabilized liquid-liquid composites (e.g. emulsions and bijels). He also has extensive expertise of various characterization techniques including confocal microscopy, light/X-ray scattering, electron microscopy and (interfacial) rheology.
Guest lectures on soft materials and/or energy.
- Solar Power: SUPA post-grad course.
- Probes of Soft Matter: SUPA post-grad course.
- Macromolecular Physics.
Job currently offers the following PhD project opportunities:
- Hybrid Electrolytes with 3D Bicontinuous Ordered Ceramic and Polymer Microchannels for All-Solid-State Batteries, Energy & Environmental Science
- Interfacial rheology of model particles at liquid interfaces and its relation to (bicontinuous) Pickering emulsions DOI, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter
- Quantitative Morphological Characterization of Bicontinuous Pickering Emulsions via Interfacial Curvatures DOI, Soft Matter, 12, p. 4082-4092
- Soft Matter, 12, p. 4375-4383