Dr M Martinez-Canales
- Academic staff
James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB)
- Email: miguel.martinez [at] ed.ac.uk
- Tel: +44 (0)131 650 5680
- Personal home page
- Edinburgh Research Explorer profile
Miguel is a member of the following School research institute and research areas:
My research has been centered around First-Principles calculations in Condensed Matter Physics. More concretely, the systems I've studied can mostly be classified as crystalline solids. In that still large area, my pubblications have dealt with the following topics:
- Electronic and structural properties of Group IV metallic Hydrides
- Structure prediction by means of random structure sampling.
- Prediction of stable and metastable stoichiometries of compounds and alloys.
- Materials science at pressures beyond 1 TPa.
Miguel currently offers the following PhD project opportunities:
Miguel has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Physical Review B, 104, p. 1-9
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 12, 20, p. 4910-4916
- The Journal of Chemical Physics, 154, 17, p. 1-8
- Physical review B, 99, 04, p. 041405
- Nature Communications, 9