Dr M Martinez-Canales
Miguel is a member of the following School research institute and research areas:
My research has been centered around First-Principles calculations in Condensed Matter Physics. More concretely, the systems I've studied can mostly be classified as crystalline solids. In that still large area, my pubblications have dealt with the following topics:
- Electronic and structural properties of Group IV metallic Hydrides
- Structure prediction by means of random structure sampling.
- Prediction of stable and metastable stoichiometries of compounds and alloys.
- Materials science at pressures beyond 1 TPa.
Miguel has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- No experimental Fermi surface measurements have been reported or made on low-temperature martensitic lithium DOI, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 114, 42, p. E8809-E8809
- Physical Review Letters, 111, 17
- Physical Review B: Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, 85, 21, p. 214114