Dr R K Galloway
- Senior Lecturer
- Academic staff
James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB)
- Email: ross.galloway [at] ed.ac.uk
- Tel: +44 (0)131 650 8614
- Edinburgh Research Explorer profile
Ross is a member of the following School research institute and research group:
I am a member of the Edinburgh Physics Education Research group (EdPER) and my research activity is related to the learning and teaching of physics. I have interests in a wide range of pedagogic research areas, including the development of student problem solving skills, diagnostic testing, Peer Instruction, and flipped classroom pedagogies.
I am the Pre-Honours Co-ordinator for the Physics and Astronomy programmes at Edinburgh, and am Course Organiser for and teach on the Physics 1A and Physics 1B courses. I supervise on the Science Education Placement course and in Senior Honours projects, MPhys projects, and Group & Team projects. I am also a Personal Tutor.
Ross has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Lecture capture as an element of the digital resource landscape - a qualitative study of flipped and non–flipped classrooms DOI, Technology, Pedagogy and Education, p. 1-16
- Journal for STEM Education Research
- British Journal of Educational Technology, 51, 1, p. 23-35
- Teaching in Higher Education, 23, 7, p. 818-834
- Learning from peer feedback on student-generated multiple choice questions: Views of introductory physics students DOI, Physical review physics education research, 14, 1, p. 010119-1