Professor A D Kennedy
- Academic staff
James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB)
- Email: adk [at] ph.ed.ac.uk
- Tel: +44 (0)131 650 5272
- Personal home page
- Edinburgh Research Explorer profile
Tony is a member of the following School research institute, research group and research areas:
My current research interests are Lattice Quantum Field Theory (LQFT), Renormalization Theory, algorithms for High Performance Computation (HPC), and computer algebra algorithms for tensor manipulation. I am also interested in HPC hardware and software architecture, Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods, and recently also in the numerical analysis for the symmetric eigenvalue problem for very large systems.
I currently teach courses on Quantum Computing Project, and Research Skills for Theoretical Physics as well as supervising numerous MPhys (and MSc) projects.
I am also a personal tutor, mainly for students on the Mathematical and Theoretical Physics MSc programmes.
- Physical Review D, particles, fields, gravitation, and cosmology, 96, 5, p. 1-22
- Annual Review of Statistics and its Application, 5, p. 451-471
- Proceedings of Science, C15-07-14
- Physical Review D, 87, 3
- Numerical determination of partial spectrum of Hermitian matrices using a Lanczos method with selective reorthogonalization DOI, Computer Physics Communications, 184, 3, p. 689–697