Professor V J Martin
- Academic staff
James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB)
- Email: victoria.martin [at] ed.ac.uk
- Tel: +44 (0)131 651 7042
- Twitter: @MamaPhysikerin
- Edinburgh Research Explorer profile
Victoria is a member of the following School research institute, research group and research areas:
My research is in particle physics - studying the structure of the Universe at the smallest accessible scales. Currently my main interest is in understanding more about the Higgs boson and its relationship to the other fundamental particles that make up our Universe.
To be able to look at the smallest scales - we need the largest machines - colliders! I work on the ATLAS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN - the world's largest collider. I also have an interest in potential future colliders such as CLIC and FCC.
- Particle Physics (PHYS11042) - course organiser & all lectures
- Physics 1B (PHYS08017) - course organiser & quantum world lectures
Victoria currently offers the following PhD project opportunities:
Victoria has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Observation of a new particle in the search for the Standard Model Higgs boson with the ATLAS detector at the LHC DOI, Physics Letters B, B716, 1, p. p1-29
- Search for the Standard Model Higgs boson produced in association with a vector boson and decaying to a b-quark pair with the ATLAS detector DOI, Physics Letters B, B718, 2, p. 369-390