Professor A Murphy, FRAS, FinstP
Direct detection of dark matter, and nuclear astrophysics, especailly explosive scenarios.
Major roles in pre-honours teaching. Course organiser for Classical & Modern Physics (and Modern Physics). Also lecture modern physics (nuclear, particle and astrophysics) in first year.
Alex currently offers the following PhD project opportunities:
Alex has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 523, 2, p. 2317-2328
- Physical Review Letters, 131, 4, p. 1-11
- Physical Review D, 108, 1, p. 1-27
- Physical Review C, 107, 6, p. 1-9
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 515, 3, p. 4013-4019