Professor A Murphy, FRAS, FinstP
Direct detection of dark matter, and nuclear astrophysics, especailly explosive scenarios.
Major roles in pre-honours teaching. Course organiser for Classical & Modern Physics (and Modern Physics). Also lecture modern physics (nuclear, particle and astrophysics) in first year.
Alex currently offers the following PhD project opportunities:
Alex has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Astroparticle Physics, 125
- Discrimination of electronic recoils from nuclear recoils in two-phase xenon time projection chambers DOI, Physical Review D, 102, 11
- Physical Review D, 102, 9
- European Physical Journal C, 80
- Search for two neutrino double electron capture of 124Xe and 126Xe in the full exposure of the LUX detector DOI, Journal of Physics G - Nuclear and Particle Physics, 47, 10