Professor A Murphy, FRAS, FinstP
Direct detection of dark matter, and nuclear astrophysics, especailly explosive scenarios.
Major roles in pre-honours teaching. Course organiser for Classical & Modern Physics (and Modern Physics). Also lecture modern physics (nuclear, particle and astrophysics) in first year.
Alex currently offers the following PhD project opportunities:
Alex has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Physical Review D, 105, 8, p. 1-8
- Projected sensitivity of the LUX-ZEPLIN experiment to the two-neutrino and neutrinoless double β decays of 134Xe, Physical Review C, 104, 6
- Advancement of photospheric radius expansion and clocked type-I x-ray burst models with the new 22Mg(α,p)25 Al reaction rate determined at Gamow energy DOI, Physical Review Letters, 127, 17, p. 1-7
- Physical Review D, 104, 6, p. 1-19
- Physical Review D, 103, 12, p. 1-12