PhD projects in Particle Physics Theory
About Particle Physics Theory
The research group in Particle Physics Theory at the University of Edinburgh is one of the largest in the UK. We have a large group of PhD students from around the world: recent examples include students from Ireland, Germany, Italy, the United States, as well as the UK. We are always interested in good students who would like to join us and begin studying for a PhD.
PhD students in the Particle Physics Theory group may choose to explore all the group's research interests in their first few months. After this time, they begin work on a research project which is mutually agreed with a staff member. So, broadly speaking, we offer PhD projects in all of our areas of research interest:
We also have more specific PhD projects which you can explore below.
Available PhD projects
A list of current PhD projects in Particle Physics Theory is shown below. Click on each project to find out more about the project, its supervisor(s) and its research area(s).
- Data science
- General properties of gauge-theory scattering amplitudes
- High Energy Jets
- Multi-loop scattering amplitudes and fundamental physics experiments
- Parton Distribution Functions
- Physics at the LHC: Experiment and Theory
- QED correction to rare and semileptonic B/D decays
- Quantum entanglement in the early universe
- Strong external fields and non-perturbative physics