Professor A N Taylor, FRSE
Andy is a member of the following School research institute:
My Research Interests are in theoretical and Observational Cosmology, in particular the nature of Dark Energy and Dark Matter, the very Early Universe and modified thoeries of gravity. To study these I have developed and led the analysis of Gravitational Lensing Surveys, the Cosmic Microwave Background and Galaxy Redshift Surveys. I currently lead the UK-Science Ground Segment for the Euclid UK Team, and lead the Cosmic Shear team for Euclid.
I am the Astrophysics Degree Programme Coordinator, Mphys and SH/IM Astrophysics Project Coordinator and a supervisor for both SH/IM and Mphys Projects. I have taught many courses from 1st Year to Masters at the University and currently teach the Level-11 General Relativity course.
Andy has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics (JCAP), 03, 03, p. 31
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics (JCAP), 11, 11, p. 40
- Science, 347, 6229, p. 1462-1465
- Physical Review Letters, 114, 3
- Intrinsic alignments in the cross-correlation of cosmic shear and cosmic microwave background weak lensing DOI, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 443, 1, p. L119-L123