Dr J M Smillie
My research is centred on improving the accuracy of theoretical predictions for LHC collisions. A recent major project has been the construction and continued development of the High Energy Jets framework, HEJ. This is a new approach to perturbative QCD corrections specifically designed for the high energy environment of the Large Hadron Collider, and is publicly available to the community as a Monte Carlo event generator.
Other recent research projects include developing a deeper understanding of infrared singularities in gauge amplitudes and calculating the most accurate predictions to date of the transverse energy distribution in boson production.
- Lagrangian Dynamics (Level 10): lecturer/course organiser
- Mathematical Physics Honours Project supervisor.
Jenni currently offers the following PhD project opportunities:
Jenni has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Combined subleading high-energy logarithms and NLO accuracy for W production in association with multiple jets DOI, Journal of High Energy Physics, JHEP04(2021), p. 1-51
- Journal of High Energy Physics, 2019, 4
- Journal of High Energy Physics, 2018, 08