Dr J M Smillie
- Academic staff
James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB)
- Email: j.m.smillie [at] ed.ac.uk
- Tel: +44 (0)131 650 5221
- Edinburgh Research Explorer profile
Jenni is a member of the following School research institute, research group and research areas:
My research is centred on improving the accuracy of theoretical predictions for LHC collisions. A recent major project has been the construction and continued development of the High Energy Jets framework, HEJ. This is a new approach to perturbative QCD corrections specifically designed for the high energy environment of the Large Hadron Collider, and is publicly available to the community as a Monte Carlo event generator.
Other recent research projects include developing a deeper understanding of infrared singularities in gauge amplitudes and calculating the most accurate predictions to date of the transverse energy distribution in boson production.
- Lagrangian Dynamics (Level 10): lecturer/course organiser
- Mathematical Physics Honours Project supervisor.
Jenni currently offers the following PhD project opportunities:
Jenni has featured in the following recent School news stories:
- Journal of High Energy Physics, 2023, 3, p. 1-23
- Computer Physics Communications, 278, p. 1-12
- Journal of High Energy Physics, 2022, 8, p. 1-86
- Logarithmic corrections to the QCD component of same-sign W-pair production for vector boson scattering studies DOI, Physical Review D, particles, fields, gravitation, and cosmology, 104, 11, p. 1-13
- Journal of High Energy Physics, 18, p. 1-85